Have You Been Injured While Riding In An Uber Or Lyft Car in Houston? Our Accident Lawyers Can help
The concept of Uber, Lyft, and other rideshare companies is an innovative one:
- It gives consumers an alternative to taking a traditional taxi.
- Drivers use their own personal cars.
- There is no exchange of money in the car (this is done through the app).
- Passengers know who is going to pick them up before they arrive.
Despite the innovation, rideshare cars are not immune to accidents. And several questions can arise when an accident occurs and a passenger is injured:
- Who is responsible for this accident?
- Who is going to pay for medical bills?
- How does this differ, legally, from being injured in my own car?
At Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Agosto, Aziz & Stogner, we represent people who have been injured in Uber, Lyft, and other rideshare accidents. We are the oldest personal injury law firm in Texas, and we have helped thousands of people over the years.
Schedule your free consultation by completing our online contact form.
How Do These Rideshare Taxis Work?
- Someone looking for a ride downloads the Uber or Lyft app and requests a ride.
- A driver from Uber or Lyft accepts the request.
- The passenger receives confirmation that a car is on the way.
- The driver picks up the passenger at his or her location.
- The ride proceeds. There is no exchange of money in the car. This is done through the app.
What Are The Dangers Of Using Rideshare Taxis?
Consumers should be aware of several issues before riding in an Uber, Lyft, or other rideshare taxi:
- Rideshare drivers generally do not have any additional training – as a passenger, you are at the mercy of a stranger.
- Rideshare drivers are often using their smartphones while driving (planning their next pickup, using a GPS, etc.).
- There are obvious personal safety issues involved anytime two strangers are riding in a car together.
- Uber does not meet with their drivers before they start transporting passengers.
Here is a list of reported accidents, assaults, sexual assaults, kidnappings, DUIs, and imposter incidents involving Uber and Lyft.
What To Do When an Accident Happens
If you have been injured in an Uber, Lyft or other rideshare accident, you should speak to a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.
There are many unique components to these types of accident cases. We will take a close look at liability to determine responsibility and hold the responsible party accountable for your injuries. We understand the complex insurance issues that often apply in these cases, and we will seek maximum compensation on your behalf.
Questions About uber or lyft accidents in Houston? Contact Our Rideshare ACCIDENT LAWYERS NOW.
To set up a free consultation with one of our personal injury attorneys, please call 713-222-7211 or (713) 222-7211.
We offer a free consultation to prospective clients. If you have been injured and wish to speak to one of our attorneys in a no-cost consultation, please call us at (713) 222-7211. or toll free at 713-222-7211
Real trial lawyers, real results
Our Record of Success
Chemical Plant Fire