You Are Here:
Karl Long represents people who have been injured because of another's actions. His practice includes product liability, passenger bus accidents, premises liability, construction accidents, and workplace injuries. Most of these cases involve catastrophic injuries and/or claims for wrongful death. Many of Karl's cases involve automotive and tire defects, a skillset he honed while representing tire manufacturers and retailers. His experience representing defendant manufacturers provides insight into not only what evidence is necessary to prove a case, but also into understanding how these defendants think.
Karl moved to Houston in 1995 and graduated from Bellaire High School in 1997. During high school, he captained the soccer team and led it to its first District title. Karl attended college at the University of the South in Sewanee, TN and graduated with a degree in history. During college, he was admitted to the Order of the Gown.
Following college, Karl joined the Peace Corps and served in Guatemala before attending law school at South Texas College of Law Houston. He graduated from law school cum laude and in the top 10 percent of his class. Additionally, he was admitted to the Order of Lytae, was named to Dean's List numerous times and scored the highest grade in five classes: (1) Oil & Gas; (2) Secured Transactions; (3) Agency & Partnership; (4) Damages; and (5) Marital Property.
Karl clerked at a respected defense firm during law school and joined Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Agosto, Aziz & Stogner as a contract attorney after passing the Bar in 2009. Karl worked as contract attorney to firm partner, Mo Aziz, until 2012. He returned to Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Agosto, Aziz & Stogner in 2019, following seven years representing tire manufacturers and retailers in lawsuits stemming from automobile accidents that resulted in catastrophic injuries and deaths.
- Personal Injury
- Product Liability
- Automobile Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Workplace Accidents
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Texas, 2009
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2011
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 2012
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 2013
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 2013
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 2009
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Order of the Lytae
- Honors: Dean’s List Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008 and Spring 2009
- Honors: CALI Award (Highest Grade): (1) Oil & Gas; (2) Secured Transactions; (3) Agency & Partnership; (4) Damages; and (5) Marital Property
- University of the South, Sewanee, Tennessee
- B.A. - 2002
- Honors: Order of the Gown
- Major: History
- Habitat for Humanity Committee, Houston Bar Association, Member, 2020 to Present
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2019 to Present
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2019 to Present
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow, 2018 to Present
- Houston Bar Association, 2010 to Present
- Johnson, Trent & Taylor, Associate, 2012 to 2019
- Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Sorrels, Agosto & Aziz, Contract Attorney, 2009 to 2012
Learn more about the Annual Text Free Texas Scholarship Contest
VIRTUAL OFFICE TOUR
Take a virtual tour of our office online!
Get Your Free Case Review