You Are Here:
Lena B. Laurenzo is a third generation Houstonian with strong family roots in the Houston community, in particular the Houston restaurant business. Lena is a granddaughter of the late “Mama” Ninfa Laurenzo, a Houston icon who was known for her revolutionary Mexican restaurant and kindness towards her community. Lena was always inspired by her grandmother to become someone who gives back to her community and help others in need. Lena is the first lawyer in her family, and is extremely proud of her ability to help others through difficult times.
Lena has practiced 100% personal injury and maritime law. Lena represents people who have been injured or killed by the negligence of other individuals and/or companies. She has successfully litigated many types of cases to settlement or verdict. Her experience includes 18-wheeler/commercial vehicle crashes, Jones Act and general maritime cases, wrongful deaths, workplace injuries, and all other types of automobile and pedestrian crashes.
Lena graduated from Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart in Houston, Texas in 2006. She attended Texas Tech University in Lubbock, Texas where she received a B.A. in Psychology. She also studied abroad in Seville, Andalucia, Spain to help earn her Spanish minor. Lena was injured just before her senior year in a car crash at the hands of a drunk driver. After graduating cum laude in 2010, Lena worked at Abraham Watkins for two years as a file clerk and legal assistant. She then decided the best way she could help others was to go to law school and become a lawyer.
At South Texas College of Law Houston, Lena participated extensively in the school’s highly ranked trial advocacy program to prepare for the courtroom. During her time in law school, she was also a law clerk for Judge R.K. Sandill for the 127th District Court. Lena graduated in 2015 as an inductee of the Order of Barristers, a national trial advocacy honorary organization.
After passing the Texas bar, Lena began practicing personal injury and maritime law in Houston, Texas. At her first trial, she co-lead a complex wrongful death case that resulted in a jury verdict of $17,720,000. Lena has traveled all over the country for her clients, and has loved doing it. She has been named a top rated attorney on the Super Lawyers Texas Rising Stars list for four consecutive years (2017-2020).
In her free time, Lena loves to cook, camp, golf, travel, and spend time with her family and partner, Jess Preheim.
- Personal Injury
- Admiralty & Maritime
- Car Accident
- Construction Accidents
- Litigation & Appeals
- Texas, 2015
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 2015
- Texas Tech University
- B.A. - 2010
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Psychology
- Ethics and the Jury System, The Advocate, Volume 89, Winter 2019
- Five Cases, Five Lessons Learned, Houston Trial Lawyers Association Free Live Webinar, 2020
- Alumnae Student Professional Presentation, Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart, 2019
- Alumna Career Day, Duchesne Academy of the Sacred Heart, 2019
- Litigating Smaller Car Wrecks on a Budget, TexasBarCLE, 2018
- How to Use Defendant’s Discovery Responses to Take a Deposition, TTLA CLE, 2018
- Invited to Top 40 Under 40 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers in Texas, The National Trial Lawyers
- Nominated for Membership in Premier Lawyers of America
- Nominated as one of the 10 Best Personal Injury Attorneys Under 40 for Texas, American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys
- Nominated to 10 Best Attorneys for Texas, Personal Injury Law, American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys
- Texas’ Leading Lawyers by Dallas Morning News
- Texas Rising Stars, Super Lawyers
- University of Houston Law Center, Adjunct Professor, Trial Advocacy, Spring 2020, Fall 2020
- University of Houston Law Center, Adjunct Professor, Depositions, Summer 2020
- Houston Bar Association, LGBTQ+ Committee, Founding Member and Chair, 2019 to Present
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2019 to Present
- Executive and Professional Association of Houston, Member, 2019 to Present
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2015 to Present
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, Member, 2015 to Present
- Houston Bar Association, Member, 2015 to Present
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Advocacy Coach, 2015 to Present
- Keenan Trial Institute, Member, 2015 to 2018
- VB Attorneys, Attorney, 2015 to 2019
- 127th Judicial District Houston, Harris County, Law Clerk, 2014 to 2015
- Adjunct Professor, Depositions, University of Houston Law Center, Summer 2020
- Adjunct Professor, Trial Advocacy, University of Houston Law Center, Spring 2020
Learn more about the Annual Text Free Texas Scholarship Contest
VIRTUAL OFFICE TOUR
Take a virtual tour of our office online!
Get Your Free Case Review