You Are Here:
Chris Mahfouz tirelessly works on behalf of people who have been injured and had their lives turned upside down by the careless actions of others. For Chris, practicing law is not merely a job. Instead, it is a calling to stand in the gap for those who—through no fault of their own—have been wrongfully injured by the carelessness or negligence of another party and need help in piecing their lives back together.
Chris earned his B.A., magna cum laude, as a University Scholar from Baylor University. He then attended Baylor University School of Law, where he graduated cum laude with a concentration in general civil litigation. During law school, Chris was the champion of Baylor’s Matt “Mad Dog” Dawson Mock Trial Competition and a member of the Order of the Barristers. He also successfully competed across the nation on the law school’s advocacy teams.
Chris’ practice focuses primarily on cases involving catastrophic personal injury, workplace injuries, industrial accidents and explosions, maritime and offshore injuries, trucking and motor vehicle wrecks, defective products, premises liability, and wrongful death. A native of a Southeast Texas refining town, he is passionate about representing injured workers.
Chris has successfully represented numerous clients on a variety of personal injury and complex commercial litigation matters in both state and federal courts. He is also active in the legal community, previously serving as vice president and treasurer of his local young lawyers association.
As a two-time Baylor alumnus, Chris is an avid fan of the Baylor Bears and travels to as many games as he can.
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- 18 Wheeler, Trucking, & Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- DWI Wrecks
- Admiralty & Maritime
- Offshore Injuries
- Plant/Refinery Explosions
- Construction Accidents
- Workplace Injuries
- Premises Liability
- Product Defects
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Texas, 2014
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 2017
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims, 2017
- Baylor University School of Law, Waco, Texas
- J.D. - 2014
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Order of Barristers; Mad Dog Mock Trial Champion
- Baylor University, Waco, Texas
- B.A. - 2011
- Honors: magna cum laude
- Honors: University Scholar; Honors Scholar with Distinction
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, Member, 2020 to Present
- Houston Bar Association, Member, 2020 to Present
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2019 to Present
- Jefferson County Young Lawyers Association, Vice President, 2018 to 2018
- Jefferson County Young Lawyers Association, Treasurer, 2017 to 2017
- Michelle F. Mehaffy American Inn of Court, Member, 2015 to Present
- Jefferson County Bar Association, Member, 2015 to 2020
- Reaud, Morgan & Quinn, LLP, Associate, 2018 to 2020
- Strong Pipkin, Associate, 2014 to 2018
- Phi Kappa Chi
Learn more about the Annual Text Free Texas Scholarship Contest
VIRTUAL OFFICE TOUR
Take a virtual tour of our office online!
Get Your Free Case Review