Explosion Injury Lawyer Houston, Texas
Explosions are violent and sudden, shattering houses, offices, pipes, and lives. The impact of an uncontrollable release of fire, liquid, or chemicals will cause catastrophic damage in its wake. Many people involved in an explosion do not survive. Of those that do, they suffer severe and debilitating injuries. Some survivors will be disabled for the rest of their lives. If you have suffered an explosion injury at the fault of someone else, Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Agosto, Aziz & Stogner may be able to secure the compensation you deserve. Our explosion injury lawyers in Houston, Texas, understand that no amount of money can erase what happened. The trauma and anguish you have experienced will likely be with you forever. However, compensation can provide closure and the means to ease the financial burden your injuries have caused. At Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Agosto, Aziz & Stogner, our goal is to provide our clients with the resources they need to move on with their life. If you or someone you love has been hurt in an explosion, call our dedicated Houston explosion injury attorneys for a free consultation of your case. You can contact us by clicking here or calling 713-244-5477.
What Can an Explosion Attorney Do for Your Case?
Explosions cause some of the gravest injuries a person can endure, and those who survive frequently suffer long-term hardships. Victims may lose everything, including their home, sentimental keepsakes, and personal belongings, in the aftermath of a blast. Lengthy hospital stays and recovery treatments are expensive. As the medical bills begin to pile, your injuries may keep you out of work, creating an onerous financial burden.
If you and your family have suffered injuries and losses from an explosion, the negligent or careless acts of another may be to blame. Whether a defective product or gas leak, your family deserves to be compensated.
At Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Agosto, Aziz & Stogner, our Texas explosion accident lawyers represent victims who have been injured in a wide variety of blasts. With over 70 years of litigation experience, our attorneys have handled some of the most prominent explosion accident cases in Texas;
- Our firm successfully settled a $50 million claim on behalf of nearly 100 victims. A large fire and explosion caused property damage and extensive injuries. Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Agosto, Aziz & Stogner served as leading attorneys on the litigation steering committee.
- 270 people suffered traumatic injuries after a plant explosion. Again, our firm took the lead role in the plaintiffs’ steering committee, settling at nearly $80 million.
- On behalf of 45 injured workers, our explosion accident lawyers recovered more than $50 million in damages.
At Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Agosto, Aziz & Stogner, we fight to help victims, and their families put the pieces of their lives back together. Our Sugar Land, Texas explosion injury lawyers have the skills and resources you need to maximize your compensation. Call toll-free at 888-229-5094 for a free consultation on your case.
Who is Liable in an Explosion Injury Accident?
The type and cause of an explosion are essential to your case but can pose unique challenges. Many explosions are the result of human error and can range from home gas leaks to plant and refinery blasts. In Houston, Texas, our explosion injury attorneys at Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Agosto, Aziz & Stogner have extensive experience handling every aspect of a claim.
Our dedicated attorneys have the resources needed to determine who is liable for your injuries. In many cases, there may be more than one person or business responsible. For example, a faulty propane tank could be the responsibility of the tank manufacturer in a home explosion. If you are injured at your place of business and working with combustible materials, did the owner of the property provide enough safety equipment and measures to prevent an explosion? If not, you are entitled to recover damages for your injuries. Perhaps a third-party agency or office of the government is partially liable if they failed to inspect the equipment or premises.
At Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Agosto, Aziz & Stogner, our Houston, Texas explosion injury lawyers believe every person has a right to a safe working environment. If you or someone you know has been injured in a fire or blast, please contact Texas’ oldest personal injury law firm today.
Is a Houston Explosion Attorney Expensive?
Every explosion accident is different with a unique set of circumstances. At Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Agosto, Aziz & Stogner, we take pride in being the Texas explosion injury lawyers victims turn to when they suffer catastrophic damage. We do not charge any legal fees unless we are successful in recovering compensation on your behalf.
At Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Agosto, Aziz & Stogner, we will respect your privacy and will keep settlements confidential if you so choose. Our goal is to help victims and their families secure the compensation they need to move on with their lives, including;
Most injuries resulting from a blast are debilitation and life-altering. Victims often need multiple surgeries, skin grafting, and prolonged hospital stays on ventilators. Some injuries are so severe they require life-long care, like oxygen tanks, wheelchairs, and prosthetics for lost limbs.
Lost wages and loss of future earnings:
Even minor injuries can cause a victim to miss work. However, in cases where the victim’s injuries are so debilitating, they can no longer work or continue in the same capacity as before, settlements will take into account the income they would have earned.
Pain and suffering damages:
The amount of suffering an explosion accident victim has endured is challenging to put into words, much less a dollar value. However, at Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Agosto, Aziz & Stogner, our explosion injury attorneys have extensive experience successfully recovering the maximum compensation.
Loss of enjoyment of life damages:
Recovering from catastrophic injuries is a harsh, painful, and often lengthy process. Many explosion victims will never make a full recovery. Parents are not able to play with their children, victims may never regain the ability to walk or be as active as they once were, and everyday enjoyments may be a thing of the past.
Emotional distress damages:
The psychological impact of an explosion and the devastating injuries that follow frequently leads to severe emotional distress, including post-traumatic stress disorder. If you are suffering from sleepless nights, fear, and anxiety, you may be entitled to damages.
Loss of Consortium:
Severe and traumatic injuries can cause a significant hardship on a marriage. When your companionship suffers in the aftermath of an explosion, you can trust the attorneys at Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Agosto, Aziz & Stogner to do all they can to help you put the pieces of your life back together.
Punitive damages are not awarded like the other damages listed above. Your injuries and quality of life have no bearing. Instead, punitive damages are meant to punish the responsible party for gross negligence. Not every explosion case will qualify for punitive damages. It is important to speak with one of our Houston explosion injury lawyers to determine if your circumstances qualify for punitive damages.
What Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Agosto, Aziz & Stogner Can Do for You
We understand that the success of a Houston explosion injury claim rests heavily on the skill, experience, and resources of the law firm by your side. Whether your injuries resulted from a chemical explosion at work or an e-cigarette, Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Agosto, Aziz & Stogner will fight to secure the damages you deserve.
We will investigate your case:
Obtaining critical evidence takes dedication and skill. Our explosion accident attorneys in Houston, Texas, are highly qualified to determine the liable party or parties.
Our staff will guide you through every aspect of your case:
Explosion accident claims can take several months or a few years to resolve. Sometimes large companies have a team of lawyers dedicated to minimizing liability and, subsequently, any settlement. Victims and their families often experience financial hardship waiting for their cases to close. Our attorneys have experience working with hospitals, banks, and even government services to help families during this difficult time.
Getting answers to your questions:
Often, explosion disasters leave their victims with numerous questions. To give our clients the closure they deserve, Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Agosto, Aziz & Stogner will seek answers. Was the product knowingly defective? Did inspectors fail to adequately check the premises or equipment? Did the company cut corners and increase the chances of an explosion?
At Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Agosto, Aziz & Stogner, our Spring, Texas and Katy, Texas explosion injury lawyers will handle your case with the care and attention to detail you deserve.
What Are the Most Common Types of Explosions?
Explosions cover a wide range of disasters ranging from the products we use daily to combustible materials mishandled at a factory. Some of the more common explosions the attorneys at Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Agosto, Aziz & Stogner have represented include;
Accidental Explosions at Home
Many explosions at home come from leaking gas appliances, piping systems, or defective propane tanks. We can examine the details of your explosion and determine if you have a liability claim. If a product or negligence caused an explosion on your property, contact our office as soon as possible.
If someone’s negligence caused or contributed to an explosion at work, employee victims might be eligible for additional compensation through a third-party liability claim. We will examine the details of your case to ensure all responsible parties are held accountable for your injuries.
Major Pipeline Explosions and Oil Spills
Pipeline explosions and oil spills are more common than you may think. Our attorneys are well-versed in industrial explosion cases. At Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Agosto, Aziz & Stogner, we believe companies responsible for these accidents should answer for their negligence.
Propane Fires and Explosions
Propane-related disasters are responsible for more damage and injuries than natural gas disasters. Often, victims sustain burns on a higher percentage of their body. If a propane tank is not installed properly or the tank itself is defective, the consequences can be catastrophic.
Plant and Refinery Explosions
Plant and refinery explosions are major disasters. Often, the explosions are so massive they affect more than the plant workers, but those that live nearby. When safety protocols are ignored, equipment is allowed to lapse without service, or hazardous materials are handled improperly, the results can be deadly.
Learn more about plant and refinery explosions and how we can help you if you or a loved one has been harmed
E-cigarette explosions have increased over the years due to trends in the market. It may be surprising to learn that a faulty battery or defective part can cause a volatile chain reaction, resulting in a small explosion that is usually directly in the user’s face. Severe burns cause scarring and debilitating pain. Scarring on the face can affect the nerves, causing permanent damage.
Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Agosto, Aziz & Stogner has a long history of recovering damages for explosion victims, ranging from apartment complex explosions, Takata ammonium nitrate explosion, a propane explosion in Montgomery County, and more. If you or a loved one has suffered injuries due to negligence that caused an explosion, our Houston explosion injury attorneys are here for you.
Explosions – Español
Si ha resultado lesionado en una explosión en el hogar, en el trabajo o en otro lugar, hable con un abogado de nuestro bufete de abogados. Usted puede tener derecho a una indemnización.
What Are the Common Injuries Sustained in an Explosion Accident?
Explosions are one of the most devastating accidents anyone can experience. High blasts inflict serious injuries or death. Most fatalities occur due to severe head injuries, significant internal injuries, amputations, impalement, and pulmonary injuries. Explosion injuries are categorized in four ways;
Primary Blast Injuries
Initial explosion injuries are caused by the blast moving through the body. The body absorbs the impact by causing the organs to rapidly fill with too much air. Injuries include;
- Blast lung occurs when a victim’s respiratory system sustains massive trauma. Victims may present a cough and chest pain. Blast lungs are notorious for having a delayed reaction.
- Blast ear is often marked by bleeding at the ear. The ear has a tiny bone that can be dislocated, fractured, or permanently destroyed. Victims of this injury often experience temporary or permanent hearing loss.
- Blast belly causes intense abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting and vomiting blood, rectal pain, and a distended stomach. It is common for victims to bleed out due to perforation. Unfortunately, sometimes symptoms can be delayed for days. If you are a victim of an explosion, always seek immediate medical attention. Diagnostics can find the injuries quickly and may save your life.
- Blast brain causes headaches, fatigue, confusion, poor concentration, amnesia, loss of consciousness, depression, anxiety, and insomnia. Traumatic brain injuries can lead to permanent brain damage or death.
- Blast eye will show swelling, contusions, eye pain, bleeding from the eye, decreased vision, or blindness.
- Pulmonary blast injuries to the heart are a leading cause of fatalities after an explosion. Victims experience chest pain, hyperension, cardiac arrest, and decreased pulse pressure. Many times, injuries to the heart are not immediately present, making it easy for medical professionals to miss. If you have been a victim of an explosion accident, ask your doctor about heart injuries.
Secondary Blast Injuries
Secondary blast injuries occur when debris or shrapnel are blown around, causing victims to be struck, impaled, or pierced. The majority of injuries in an accidental explosion are caused by pieces of debris making contact with victims. They are also the most deadly.
- The highest risk for secondary blast injuries is the head, neck, and extremities.
- Debris can be propelled “many times faster than a bullet,” making small wounds deceptively severe.
- Other injuries include fractures, amputations, lacerations, dislocations, and soft tissue damage.
Tertiary Blast Injuries
When a person is thrown from a blast and collides with objects, walls, or the ground, the consequences range from minor lacerations and bruising to life-threatening crush injuries.
- Blunt force trauma can be caused by a penetrating injury or the impact of a person being thrown into a structure.
- Crush injuries are also prevalent, usually resulting in a high mortality rate. Very often, the delayed symptoms from crush injuries can take several hours or days. If the victim has been released from the hospital and cannot receive immediate treatment, the results can be deadly.
- Other injuries include skull fractures, fractured bones, severe head injuries, pelvic, chest, abdominal, and spinal damages. Also, even if the skull is intact, a victim being thrown can cause the brain to shake loose from the soft tissue and membrane, resulting in brain damage.
Quaternary Blast Injuries
Quaternary blast injuries are caused by exposure to fire, fumes, radiation, biological agents, smoke, dust, toxins, environmental exposure, and the psychological impact of the event. Open wounds can become contaminated. For example;
- Burn injuries from fire, especially a chemical explosion
- Inhaling fumes, smoke, and dust can compromise the respiratory system.
- Environmental injuries occur from exposure to extreme heat or cold.
- Radiation has prolonged injuries that often result in death.
- Biological injuries occur when exposure to contaminants in the air cause illness immediately following or later in life.
If you have experienced the trauma of an explosion, please speak with your doctor about delayed injuries. Your heart, lungs, brain, and other internal organs may be more injured than you realize. Do not be afraid to ask for diagnostic testing to ensure your injuries are fully addressed.
Contact our Texas explosion accident attorneys at Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Agosto, Aziz & Stogner to secure the compensation you need to recover from your injuries.
Why You Should Choose Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Agosto, Aziz & Stogner As Your Houston’s Explosion Injury Lawyers
No matter where you are, at home, at work, or out with friends, no one is ever fully prepared for an explosion. Sudden blasts happen with little to no warning, propelling victims into walls and other obstacles. Flying debris can cause life-threatening injuries. If you or someone you know has been injured in an explosion, Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Agosto, Aziz & Stogner are the Houston, Texas explosion injury lawyers you need to recover the damages you deserve.
- Full coverage of medical bills, both present and future
- Loss of future earning potential
- Lost income if you are unable to work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of quality of life damages
- Loss of companionship
- Possible punitive damages if the responsible party was grossly negligent.
The aftermath of an explosion is among the most traumatic and catastrophic events in a victim’s life. You do not have to suffer alone. Our exceptional attorneys will fight for your rights and help you and your family gain the closure needed to move on with your life.
Contact our esteemed attorneys, Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Agosto, Aziz & Stogner, today for a free consultation by clicking here or calling 713-244-5477.
Real trial lawyers, real results
Our Record of Success
Chemical Plant Fire