You Are Here:
G. Braxton Smith is a zealous advocate for people injured by the negligence of others. His practice involves a wide range of injury matters, including catastrophic injuries, premises liability cases, and serious automobile, 18-wheeler, and motorcycle accidents. Braxton handles all aspects of litigation, from pre-suit investigations through trial.
Braxton is a Houston native. He is a graduate of Texas State University, where he received a B.A. in Political Science. Prior to law school, Braxton built high end homes in the Eagleford Shale Play which gave him unique insight on the dangers that oilfield and construction workers face daily. He then attended South Texas College of Law Houston, where he earned Dean's List distinction and graduated magna cum laude. While in law school, Braxton honed his litigation skills working at the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas, the First Court of Appeals, and the Harris County District Attorney's Office. He also served as an Editor of the South Texas College of Law Houston international economics law journal, CURRENTS.
Braxton is a member of the Attorneys Information Exchange Group (AIEG), Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Houston Trial Lawyers Association, Houston Bar Association, and Houston Young Lawyers Association. He is also an avid member of the rugby community helping found the San Marcos Greys RFC and is the coach of Space City RFC. Braxton is active in the Texas motorcycle riders' community and loves riding through the Texas hill country.
- Admiralty & Maritime Law
- Animal Bites
- Litigation & Appeals
- Personal Injury – Plaintiff
- Products Liability
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Texas, 2019
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 2019
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: Magna Cum Laude
- Texas State University, San Marcos, Texas
- B.A.- Political Science - 2010
- The WTO: Challenges Ahead and Cries for Reform, CURRENTS: JIEL, 23.2, 2019
- United States Energy Friends & Foes, Harry L. Reed Oil & Gas Institute Energy Newsl., 42, 2019
- Attorneys Information Exchange Group (AIEG), Member, 2020 to Present
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2019 to Present
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2019 to Present
- Houston Bar Association, Member, 2017 to Present
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, Member, 2017 to Present
Learn more about the Annual Text Free Texas Scholarship Contest
VIRTUAL OFFICE TOUR
Take a virtual tour of our office online!
Get Your Free Case Review