In 2014, an 18-year-old woman, Madeline Roskie, died when she was electrocuted while inner-tubing on the Puyallup River in Washington State. The family of the deceased woman has sued Puget Sound Energy ("PSE") for wrongful death.
David Lee White and Lomax Phillips were working on an overpass when the wagon lift they were in collapsed. The men fell 90 feet to their death. Mr. Phillips' wife and two children filed suit against Mr. Phillips' employer, which is the contractor hired by the state for the construction project. The manufacturer of the wagon lift was also named in the suit.
In the most unfortunate of circumstances, a loved one is lost due to the negligence of a third party. Remedy or recovery for such a loss is addressed by bringing forth a Wrongful Death action which is addressed in Section 71 of the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code.