A propane-fueled home explosion fatally injured a North Texas woman this week. The leaked propane gas ignited when it came in contact with a water heater in the woman's basement in Johnson County, according to investigators.
Posts tagged "gas odor"
A major gas explosion is to blame for injuries to seven people at a college outside of New York City yesterday morning. At least one student was thrown out of a second-story window from the force of the blast. That student is reportedly being treated for head and neck injuries; no life-threatening injuries were reported.
Two days and many, many more years ago, the town of London, Texas witnessed what might be considered the worst school gas explosion in the history of the oil and gas industry. The local school, powered by 72 natural gas heaters, exploded, killing 295 children and adults.
This morning around 8 am, Houston firefighters and HazMat crews responded to an emergency call regarding a gas odor in Terminal C of George Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston. Both crews and the Houston Airport System were in search for the smell of gas within the terminal but determined that a gas leak did not exist. They searched all three floors of the terminal before reaching this conclusion.
Unfortunately, it is not uncommon for pipeline explosions to occur after a resident has reported the smell of gas to the utility company and the company fails to properly respond. That is precisely what happened at a house in Austin, Texas earlier this year in January. In late November, the resident called the gas company, complaining of a gas smell. The company came to investigate, but said it could not make any repairs without a permit from the city. Six weeks later, the man's house exploded, killing him.
According to reports out of Austin, a young man has been killed when his house exploded from an apparent gas leak. According to neighbors, the man whose home exploded called the gas company around Thanksgiving complaining of the smell of gas at his son's birthday party. Apparently, the gas company responded to the smell of gas and told the man that they couldn't do the repairs without a permit from the City. As gas lines age, more and more are failing. If you or a family member was seriously injured or killed as a result of an explosion, contact our office immediately.