On July 3, 2019, Juanita Edwards, then 84-years-old, went outside to get her newspaper. After she went back inside her home, it exploded. Natural gas that had been seeping out of a defective line and into the ground beneath her home had found an ignition source. According to the wrongful death lawsuit filed against New Mexico Gas Co., "Decedent's home erupted in an explosion while she was inside."
Posts tagged "gas leak at home"
The family of Linda "Michellita" Rogers recently settled a lawsuit filed against Atomos Energy Corporation. The subject of the family's suit was a natural gas explosion that occurred in their home resulting in the death of their 12-year-old daughter, Linda Rodgers. The explosion, which occurred on February 23, 2018, was likely the result of a gas leak in the family's home. Linda was up early that morning, getting ready for a cheerleading competition she was to participate in later that day. Linda filmed herself as she prepared and can be seen fixing her hair until the screen fills with fiery sparks, and then goes dark. Linda was found under her dresser drawers by her parents and rushed to a nearby hospital where she was pronounced dead shortly thereafter.