Richard Bouder, 54, was killed in July of 2017 by a gas explosion when he suffered fatal injuries due to flying debris. Bouder, an employee of UGI Utilities, was investigating a potential gas leak at a residence in Lancaster County Pennsylvania at the time of the explosion. Bounder was the utility worker dispatched to the home after reports of gas odor. The explosion leveled the home, killed Richard Bouder, and injured two others.
On February 23, a fatal gas explosion occurred in a northwest Dallas neighborhood. The explosion leveled a family's home severely injuring four people and killing 12-year-old girl. Following the explosion, more than 300 other residences, including 2,800 people, were evacuated from the neighborhood.
A recent explosion at a La Porte gas plant on Wednesday shook homes and caused concern as far away as Baytown and Sheldon. Some people were treated at the scene for ear pain and dizziness as a result of the explosion.
On April 20, 88-year-old Dwain Spruiell and his wife, Cathy, were hosting out of town relatives when their home suddenly and unexpectedly exploded. The force of the blast leveled their home and shattered the windows at a nearby church. The Navarro County Sheriff's Office is still investigating the explosion, but the home's propane system is suspected to be the root cause.
On Wednesday, August 10, 2016, seven people were killed following a fatal explosion and fire at the Flower Branch Apartments in Silver Springs, Maryland. The incident left an additional twenty-five individuals injured and as many as 150 displaced. Even worse, of the seven people who died, two were children.
On August 10, 2016, in Silver Springs, Maryland, an apartment fire and explosion resulted in the deaths of seven people. The fire and explosion also injured more than thirty people and displaced more than eighty families. Officials reported that the natural gas explosion occurred in the meter room of the Flower Branch apartment complex. After the explosion, there was a natural gas-fed fire that consumed the apartments above and adjacent to the source of the fire.
Pengxuan "Dean" Diao was 23 years old when a Southern California Gas Co. employee opened a natural gas valve that activated a gas line that ran to the garage apartment where he was sleeping on January 19, 2011. The room filled with natural gas and exploded when Diao woke up and lit a cigarette.
Early Tuesday morning, two adult males and one adult female were injured when their home exploded in Willis in Montgomery County. The incident occurred at about 5 a.m. at a three-bedroom, wood frame home on Mandy Lane near Rogers in the Willis area. The three adults were rushed to Memorial Hermann Hospital by LifeFlight helicopter service. According to Memorial Hermann, one patient was in critical condition, one patient was in serious condition, and the third was in fair condition. Based on the photographs posted online by the local news stations, it is a miracle that anyone survived the explosion.
A recent home explosion in Boston has been linked to a gas leak.
Investigators say that two elderly Boston residents are in critical condition and nine others were injured when the home exploded last Wednesday night.
NBC10 Philadelphia reports that the explosion of a New Jersey couple's home will result in lawsuits against a propane gas company and its contracted affiliates. According to the couple, the McCarthy's, the gas company was responsible for removing the propane tank months before the explosion.