A 24-year-old Fort Worth man tragically died in a vape store parking lot this January after his vape pen exploded in his face. After the explosion, the man was taken by ambulance to the hospital where he later died.
In February 2016, Daniel Anderson was carrying a spare e-cigarette battery, his keys, and some coins in his left front pocket. When the metal items made contact, it caused a short to the outside of the battery. The resulting explosion caused chemical and thermal burns to Mr. Anderson's left leg and hands.
A Pennsylvania man has filed a lawsuit against the online retail outlet Amazon after a defective external phone charger that he purchased on the website exploded in his pocket. The suit claims Amazon was aware of the dangers presented by the EasyAcc phone charger prior to the victim's purchase due to customer reports of similar issues occurring; however, the device remains available for new purchases.