Dollywood Splash Country was recently sued by a woman who claims she suffered a compression fracture and other spinal cord injuries while riding a water coaster in summer 2017. Dollywood Splash Country, a water park subsidiary of Dolly Parton's famous theme park, Dollywood, is located in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee. The woman claims that she was injured while riding the RiverRush Water Coaster with her husband and their two daughters, despite following instructions from the theme park's staff. According to the company's website, the RiverRush is a water coaster in which guests are seated on a raft that races through powerful climbs, twists, and turns four stories in the air with riders experiencing four drops along 1,175 feet of track. The park allows a maximum combined guest weight of 700 pounds per raft, with a minimum height requirement of 3.5 feet.
The parents of a California toddler crushed to death last year by an Ikea dresser have filed suit against the retailer, alleging the company knew for years that its dressers were unstable but neglected to redesign them.
In 2016, Cody Hamblin, then 22-years-old, died while fishing on Memorial Day with his grandfather. According to a lawsuit filed by his father, Darren Hamblin, he had a seizure while on a boat, fell into the water and died. Mr. Hamblin sued Riddell Sports Group and the parent company of Schutt Sports as defendants. He has alleged negligence, product liability, negligent misrepresentation, fraud, and wrongful death.
In early February 2018, the driver of a defective dump truck lost control at a high speed and crashed into Barbara Schmidt's vehicle, leaving her with severe injuries. The truck was carrying debris from the recent California fires down a steep hill when the truck's brakes failed, causing the truck to pick up speed until a fiery collision that injured seven victims in total, including three critically.
Eleven years after the iPhone was introduced, fifty people were evacuated from an Apple Store. Of those, seven required medical attention, including a store employee. It occurred in Zurich after an iPhone battery overheated and emitted smoke. Store employees put quartz sand over the battery to suppress the smoke, and they ventilated the store.
Fiat Chrysler is recalling nearly 50,000 Chrysler Pacifica eight-passenger minivans from the United States and Canada for malfunctioning seatbelts. During driving, engineers discovered that rapid side-to-side motions, similar to those made in sudden lane changes, could cause the center belt buckle to unlatch and consequently release the passenger.
Tristar Products Inc. and plaintiffs Ninfa and Jose Vasquez have reached a settlement in a products liability lawsuit filed in Brownsville, Texas. The lawsuit alleges that the plaintiffs were severely burned after a pressure cooker purchased from Tristar exploded on August 2, 2014. The plaintiffs allege they were using the pressure cooker for the first time to prepare pinto beans for a family dinner-following all instructions provided with the device-when the device suddenly exploded without warning. The explosion allegedly occurred after the device had been unplugged for two hours. Mrs. Vasquez was allegedly severely burned by the scalding hot contents and steam. The plaintiffs allege that Tristar failed to use reasonable care in designing and manufacturing the device and failed to adequately warn consumers of the device's dangers, among other allegations.
If you have received medical treatment after being in a car wreck or being injured in another type of accident, you may have received a letter from your health insurance company asking you questions about the accident or claiming a "subrogation" interest. Or you may have received a letter from the hospital giving you notice that a "hospital lien" has been filed. Or you might have received a letter from the Center for Medicare Services talking about the Medicare Secondary Payer Act and something called "conditional payments."
On February 18, 2017, Aiden, then ten-years-old, was visiting his friend at 5500 Shoal Creek Boulevard. He slid into a gap between the home's security gate and a stone wall. His finger triggered the gate, which opened and crushed him between the gate and wall. Ultimately, Aiden was choked until he was brain dead. He was transported to the hospital, where he died five days later. The autopsy report detailed the cause of death as asphyxiation. Aiden's parents, Jennifer Rodriguez and Manual Criado, have filed suit against several parties, including the gate's manufacturer and the homeowner. They are claiming over $1M in damages.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) officials confirmed a charging LayZ Board Hoverboard ignited and killed two young girls during the Pennsylvania house fire in March of 2016. More than 3,000 LayZ Boards have been imported from Shenzhen, China to the United States according to the CPSC.