A 24-year-old Fort Worth man tragically died in a vape store parking lot this January after his vape pen exploded in his face. After the explosion, the man was taken by ambulance to the hospital where he later died.
Eleven years after the iPhone was introduced, fifty people were evacuated from an Apple Store. Of those, seven required medical attention, including a store employee. It occurred in Zurich after an iPhone battery overheated and emitted smoke. Store employees put quartz sand over the battery to suppress the smoke, and they ventilated the store.
A Pennsylvania man has filed a lawsuit against the online retail outlet Amazon after a defective external phone charger that he purchased on the website exploded in his pocket. The suit claims Amazon was aware of the dangers presented by the EasyAcc phone charger prior to the victim's purchase due to customer reports of similar issues occurring; however, the device remains available for new purchases.