The estate of a family who died of carbon-monoxide poisoning in May 2019 recently filed suit against Navien Inc., the manufacturer of the NPE-240A tankless water heater that had been installed in the family's home just six months earlier.
Posts tagged "carbon-monoxide poisoning"
An Ohio man, Ross Emery, died in his sleep in early September from carbon monoxide poisoning that seeped into his house from the car in his garage. Emery's 2015 Toyota Avalon, like many cars across the country, includes a keyless ignition system. Unlike a traditional metal car key, cars with a keyless ignition system use a remote fob that is detected by the "start-stop" button in the ignition system. Then, all you have to do is get in the car with the fob in your pocket or in your purse and press the "start-stop" button to start the engine. You press it again later to turn off the engine, once you have reached your destination.
Since 2006, twenty-eight people have been killed by carbon monoxide poisoning. Some victims have left their cars running in the garage, which allows carbon monoxide gas to get into their homes. Another forty-five people have suffered debilitating injuries.