Steps You Should Take
After a car wreck, there are important steps that you should take. After a crash, you are likely in a state of shock. You may be injured. Keeping track of your post-incident to-do list may be the last thing on your mind.
So, for easy reference in the event of a collision, you can print this page and keep it in your car.
7 Steps To Take After A Car Wreck
- Move to a safe location: If you are in danger in your immediate surroundings, move to a safe location if possible.
- Call 911: Call the police yourself or have someone else call as soon as possible.
- Seek medical attention: Do not refuse medical treatment, even if you are not sure whether you have any injuries. It is important to see a doctor to determine the nature and extent of your injuries. This is an important part of investigating and preparing your case.
- Gather information from the other driver: Exchange insurance and contact information with the other driver or drivers involved in the collision.
- Document: Take photos of the vehicles, injury, and the scene, or have someone do it for you. Gather the names and contact information of any witnesses.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer: If you or someone in your car has been injured, call a personal injury lawyer. It is advisable to do this as soon as possible – preferably before you talk to an insurance company.
- Notify your insurance company: You should call your insurance company and report the wreck. Be polite, but be aware that anything you say to the adjuster can ultimately be used against you. Bear in mind that a full investigation will determine what factor or factors contributed to the incident.
Free Legal Consultation: Contact Us Today
To speak to a personal injury lawyer in a free consultation, please call 713-222-7211 or (713) 222-7211. Otherwise, complete our online contact form to reach the Houston law office of Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Agosto, Aziz & Stogner.