What to Do If You’re Injured in an Accident Involving a Government Vehicle in Texas

Accidents involving government vehicles can be complex and challenging to navigate. If you’re involved in an accident with a government vehicle, it’s essential to know your rights and take the necessary steps to protect them. Here’s what you should do if you’re injured in an accident involving a government vehicle in Texas:

1. Seek Medical Attention

Your health should always be your top priority. If you’re injured in an accident seek medical attention immediately. Even if you don’t feel like you’ve been seriously injured, it’s essential to get checked out by a medical professional. Some injuries, such as whiplash or traumatic brain injuries, may not show symptoms right away. Seeking medical attention also creates a record of your injuries, which can be important if you decide to pursue a personal injury claim.

2. Gather Information

Gather as much information as possible about the accident. This includes the name and contact information of the government employee driving the vehicle, the make and model of the vehicle, and the agency the employee works for. You should also take pictures of the accident scene, including any damage to your vehicle and any injuries you sustained.

3. Report the Accident

Report the accident to the appropriate government agency as soon as possible. Depending on the agency involved, you may need to file a formal claim or follow a specific process to report the accident. Make sure you follow all of the agency’s procedures to ensure that your claim is handled correctly.

4. Document Everything

Throughout the entire process, make sure you document everything. Keep track of all medical bills, repair bills, and other expenses related to the accident.

5. Be Patient

Personal injury cases involving government agencies can take longer than other types of cases. It’s essential to be patient and let your attorney handle the legal process. Don’t accept a settlement offer without consulting your attorney first.

6. Contact an Attorney

If you or someone you love has been injured as a result of someone else’s negligent acts, contact an experienced attorney at Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Agosto, Aziz & Stogner by calling 713-222-7211 or 1-800-870-9584 for your free consultation. The law firm of Abraham Watkins is the longest standing personal injury firm in Texas, and our attorneys are standing by to assist with your claim.