In April of 2014, Mr. William Cronnon was dining at a Cracker Barrel when a pitcher used by the server containing a commercial-grade bleach called Eco-San was served to Mr. Williams. A Cracker Barrel server mistakenly believed he was serving Cronnon water. However, according to the lawsuit, employees of Cracker Barrel regularly filled unmarked water pitchers with Eco-San for use in the kitchen, leading them to believe they were serving water at the time of the Incident.
Eco-San is a corrosive cleaner used to sanitize and clean kitchen surfaces. Once Cronnon ingested it, he began to feel a burning sensation in his mouth and esophagus. Further, Cronnon alleges his stomach was irreversibly damaged by the cleaner.
A jury awarded Cronnon $4.3 million in compensatory damages, as well as $5 million in punitive damages.
If you or a loved one has been injured or killed under the same or similar circumstances, call the law firm of Abraham Watkins today. It is imperative that you find a law firm to manage your claim as soon as possible following an injury or death of a family member. Further, it is important to find a skilled law firm with experience handling these cases to ensure that the responsible parties are held fully accountable.
The law firm of Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Agosto, Aziz, & Stogner is the longest-standing personal injury firm in Texas, and our attorneys are standing by to assist with your claim. Call us today at 713-222-7211 or 1-800-594-4884 for your free consultation.