Lawsuit Filed in Wrongful Death Propane Gas Explosion Case

A few days ago, a lawsuit was filed by the surviving family members of a man who was killed in his house when it exploded. The lawsuit alleges that a propane gas leak existed in Edward Hahn’s house, flooding the home with propane gas. After a substantial amount of propane gas accumulated in the house, Mr. Hahn turned on his dryer, which caused the propane gas to combust, at which time, the home exploded into flames. Mr. Hahn, 45, sustained severe burns across his body, from which he later died.

The State Fire Marshall’s Office said a “failure of the piping system, most likely due to vibration over years of use” was one of the causes of the propane gas leak. Further, the State Fire Marshall’s Office believes the use of cheap, lightweight copper piping also contributed to the cause of the leak.

If you or a loved one have been injured or killed under the same or similar circumstances, call the law firm of Abraham Watkins today. It is imperative that you find a law firm to manage your claim as soon as possible following an injury or death of a family member. Further, it is important to find a skilled law firm with experience handling these cases to ensure that the responsible parties are held fully accountable.

The law firm of Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Agosto, Aziz, & Stogner is the longest-standing personal injury firm in Texas, and our attorneys are standing by to assist with your claim. Call us today at 713-222-7211 or 1-800-594-4884 for your free consultation.