Local Motel Sued for Death of Boy Electrocuted in its Pool

A local mother is suing a local motel after her 15-year-old son was electrocuted in the hotel’s pool. On August 30, 2020, Khaleel Reynolds was swimming in the pool at North Villa Inn when he came into contact with exposed pool light wires, resulting in his electrocution.

Inspection records from the Harris County Health Department reveal the motel failed its initial inspection in July of 2018. Among other violations noted in the inspection report, the motel was cited for having exposed pool light wiring. The motel reapplied for a permit in December of 2018 but failed to pass safety inspection for the same reason as before. According to the Harris County Health Department, the pool should not have been open because it had not passed inspection. Indeed, according to news reports, the pool also failed inspection the day after Reynolds died.

Reynolds’ mother was an employee of the motel, and both Reynolds and his mother lived at the hotel. However, following this electrocution, Reynolds’ mother was fired and kicked out of the motel, rendering her homeless, jobless, and without her late son.

If you or a loved one has been injured or killed in a pool accident, call the law firm of Abraham Watkins today. It is imperative that you find a law firm to manage your claim as soon as possible following an injury or death of a family member. Further, it is important to find a skilled law firm with experience handling these cases to ensure that the responsible parties are held fully accountable. The law firm of Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Agosto, Aziz & Stogner is the oldest personal injury firm in Texas, and our attorneys are standing by to assist with your claim. Call us today at (713) 222-7211 or 713-222-7211 for your free consultation.