A drunk driving accident can happen anywhere. But in certain areas these accidents are more common.
There are 254 counties in the state of Texas. Let’s take a look at the counties with the highest number of drunk driving-related accidents in 2015:
- Harris County: 2,880 accidents
- Dallas County: 2,304 accidents
- Bexar County: 2,251 accidents
- Travis County: 1,624 accidents
- Tarrant County: 1,555 accidents
- El Paso County: 962 accidents
- Hidalgo County: 752 accidents
- Collin County: 649 accidents
- Denton County: 572 accidents
- Montgomery County: 519 accidents
This information is compiled from Texas Department of Transportation data involving all drunk driving-related accidents: Fatal crashes, fatalities, incapacitating crashes, incapacitating injuries, non-incapacitating crashes, non-incapacitating injuries, possible injury crashes, possible injuries, non-injury crashes, non-injuries, unknown severity crashes, and unknown injuries.
There is no excuse for drunk driving. There are more options than ever before to avoiding driving after consuming alcohol, including rideshare apps like Uber and Lyft. It is the responsibility of every driver to operate a motor vehicle in a safe manner – and that includes avoiding drunk driving. We all play a part in keeping our roadways safe.
If you have been injured in an accident caused by a drunk driver, learn about your legal options in a free consultation with one of our attorneys. Call 800-594-4884.