E-Cigarette Explosion Injury

In December 2015, James Dardini’s e-cigarette exploded a few hours after he arrived at work. Mr. Dardini, who had smoked his e-cig during his 60 mile commute, suffered burn injuries to his leg. In July 2015, James Lauria also suffered serious injuries to his mouth, face, and hand when his e-cig exploded while taking a break from his job as a concierge at the Beach House in Destin, Florida. Both men have filed suit.

Mr. Dardini is suing the Deltona, Florida vape shop Sunshine Vapor, as well as Kangertech and Perfect Vape. Mr. Lauria is suing the Destin, Florida shop The Vapor Master, Nitecore Store and Uvaper LLC. The suits allege that the e-cigs use cheap batteries and lack proper ventilation, which allows heat from the battery to build up inside and cause the explosion. The e-cig companies in Mr. Dardini’s case have filed a motion to dismiss the case claiming that in the instruction manual, buyers are cautioned against using the e-cig while driving long distances. Similar suits have been filed in New York, California, and Texas.

When someone is injured or dies as a result of a product defect, financial recovery may be available. Such recovery is particularly important when permanent, life changing injuries are incurred. It is important to contact someone who understands the intricacies of the injured party’s right to recover.

Abraham Watkins offers a free consultation to anyone wishing to pursue a claim for injuries that occurred as a result of a product defect.