Blog

Scroll For More

Firm Files Suit after Death of Child at Lake Conroe Resort

On July 10, 2014 Andrew Orvis suddenly fell from a dock into Lake Conroe at the Piney Shores Resort. Andrew’s father was able to quickly retrieve his son from the lake and administer CPR in time for Life Flight to arrive. Unfortunately, Andrew was pronounced dead at the hospital. Although Orvis’ autopsy reports are still pending, it is believed that his death was caused by an electrical shock from live wires found at the dock where Andrew was sitting. Witnesses described Andrew as having an unnatural body reaction. And, more importantly, inspectors for the City of Conroe found the live wires after the incident and disconnected them after paramedics had arrived.

According to the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, owners of bodies of water should post an emergency plan within clear view of those playing in the water, have a fiberglass crook/rescue hook for helping someone who may have been shocked out of the water, and have a qualified, licensed electrician inspect the area for safety. In addition, owners should ensure that live electrical cords, wires, and products are not within 5 feet of any water.

Andrew’s mother hired Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Agosto, Aziz & Stogner and has sued both Piney Shores Resort and its parent company Silverleaf Resorts for the unnecessary death of young Andrew.

If you or a loved one have been injured due to electrical products near a pool or other body of water, contact the attorneys at Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Agosto, Aziz & Stogner by calling 713-396-3964 or 800-594-4884.

Archives

FindLaw Network
#TXTFREETX
Learn more about the Annual Text Free Texas Scholarship Contest

VIRTUAL OFFICE TOUR
Take a virtual tour of our office online!

CONTACT US TODAY!
Get Your Free Case Review