According to reports out of Austin, a young man has been killed when his house exploded from an apparent gas leak. According to neighbors, the man whose home exploded called the gas company around Thanksgiving complaining of the smell of gas at his son’s birthday party. Apparently, the gas company responded to the smell of gas and told the man that they couldn’t do the repairs without a permit from the City. As gas lines age, more and more are failing. If you or a family member was seriously injured or killed as a result of an explosion, contact our office immediately.