The University of Texas Dean of Students Office is now investigating two separate incidents of alcohol poisoning involving students.
At 3 a.m. Wednesday, just hours before the first day of classes were to begin at the University of Texas, a student living at the Hardin House, a private dormitory for women in West Campus, called campus police after discovering her roommate unconscious and foaming at the mouth in the shower. The young woman, who had been part of a pledging event for a sorority, was treated for alcohol poisoning.
Then, at 3:43 a.m., another student alerted campus police after finding her roommate passed out in the bathroom of their Almetris Duren Hall dormitory room on the UT campus. The second young woman had also been involved in pledging a sorority when she was treated for alcohol poisoning.
Several years ago our firm represented the Phoummarath family following the tragic death of their son in an alcohol related hazing incident.