You Are Here:
Jude des Bordes was born in Kumasi, Ghana before immigrating to Houston, Texas with his family as a young child. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology from the University of Houston in 2016 before going on to earn his law degree from South Texas College of Law Houston, graduating with honors.
In his time at South Texas College of Law Houston, Jude was selected for the varsity moot court team and competed in the National Energy & Sustainability and the National Civil Rights and Liberties Moot Court competitions in 2018. He was an active member of campus organizations including the Black Law Students Association and the Oil and Gas Law Society for which he served as the Student Outreach Coordinator. He also earned his mediation certificate from the Frank Evans Center for Conflict Resolution at South Texas College of Law Houston. While in school, Jude served as intern for the Honorable Reed O'Connor of the United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas.
Prior to joining Abraham Watkins, Jude worked to protect his clients' rights in mass tort and personal injury cases as an associate with a prominent litigation firm in Houston.
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Premises Liability
- Texas, 2019
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2020
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 2021
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 2019
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Dean's List
- Honors: Presidential Fellow
- University of Houston, Houston, Texas
- B.S. - 2016
- Major: Biology
- Jude des Bordes, Lightning Oil: The Erosion of Mineral Estate Rights, 2 Harry L. Reed Inst. of Oil & Gas Energy Newsletter 3 (2018)
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, 2020 to Present
- Frank Evans Center for Conflict Resolution, Certified Mediator, 2019 to Present
- American Association for Justice, 2020 to Present
- Fleming, Nolen & Jez, LLP, 2019 to 2021
- Estate Planning Clinic, 2018
Learn more about the Annual Text Free Texas Scholarship Contest
VIRTUAL OFFICE TOUR
Take a virtual tour of our office online!
Get Your Free Case Review