You Are Here:
Angelina Wike is a zealous advocate dedicated to bringing justice to her clients. Her practice is focused primarily on personal injury and representation of first party policyholders in disputes against their insurance companies. Her current legal practice at Abraham Watkins focuses on a wide variety of personal injury matters, including automobile and trucking collisions, premises liability incidents, dram shop litigation, wrongful death claims, and products liability cases. Angelina’s practice further includes representation of first party policy holders in disputes against their insurance companies for underpayment or wrongful denial of claims for their homes or businesses. Whether helping a policyholder recover insurance proceeds to repair their property or helping an injured person, Angelina takes pride in advocating for her clients in the pursuit to bring them a fair and just resolve.
Prior to joining Abraham, Watkins, Nichols, Agosto, Aziz & Stogner in 2018, Angelina practiced at another prominent firm where she gained considerable experience in first-party bad faith insurance disputes. Prior to her transition into representation of injured people and underpaid policyholders, Angelina practiced at an insurance defense firm. There, Angelina gained invaluable inside knowledge about the insurance industry and that experience positioned her with the unique opportunity to learn firsthand the litigation tactics and settlement techniques used by insurance companies and defense firms.
Angelina is a second-generation attorney and earned her J.D. from South Texas College of Law Houston. During law school, she was a varsity member of the school's nationally acclaimed Trial Advocacy Program under Dean T. Gerald Treece. Angelina represented South Texas in a number of national moot court competitions and won multiple awards, including two best overall advocate awards in nationally held competitions. In recognition of her advocacy, she received the Dean's Outstanding Advocate Award and was inducted into the Order of the Barristers. Additionally, Angelina held judicial internships with Judge Debra Ibarra Mayfield and with Chief Bankruptcy Judge Jeff Bohm and she enjoyed several internships with the Harris County District Attorney's Office (HCDAO) where she gained experience in case management and learned valuable trial skills. The highlight of her internship with HCDAO was being afforded the opportunity to sit first chair in a jury trial and successfully try a case to verdict.
Angelina remains actively involved in the development and growth of the South Texas College of Law Houston Trial Advocacy Program and often volunteers her free time to guest judge various moot court rounds for young advocates. Additionally, she enjoys attending alumni events hosted by her alma mater with special attention to those involving current students. Such events promote alumni support of students to facilitate a smooth and successful transition into the professional legal community for the next generation of young lawyers.
Angelina is licensed to practice in Texas and is admitted to practice in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas. She is actively involved in the legal community as a member of the State Bar of Texas, Houston Bar Association, Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Houston Trial Lawyers Association, Houston Young Lawyers Association, Houston Association of Women Attorneys, and South Texas College of Law Houston's Young Alumni Council.
- Personal Injury
- First Party Insurance - Bad Faith and Breach of Contract
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Texas, 2016
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2018
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 2020
- South Texas College of Law Houston, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 2016
- Honors: The Order of Barristers, National Advocacy Honor Society, 2016
- Honors: Dean’s Outstanding Advocate Award, 2016
- Honors: 29th Annual Rendigs National Moot Court Competition, Best Overall Advocate, Semi-Finalist Team, 2016
- Honors: National Cultural Heritage Moot Court Competition, Best Overall Advocate, Semi-Finalist Team, 2016
- Honors: National Health Law Moot Court Competition, Octo-Finalist Team, 2015
- Honors: Vinson and Elkins Public Interest Scholarship, “Commitment to Public Interest Work”, 2015
- Honors: 28th Annual Rendigs National Moot Court Competition, Semi-Finalist Team, 2015
- Honors: Christopher Breen Memorial Award, “Promise in Advocacy and Determination to Succeed in Law School”, 2015
- University of Houston at Clear Lake, Houston, Texas
- B.S. - 2013
- Honors: With Honors
- Honors: Who’s Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges, 2013
- Honors: Alpha Phi Sigma, Criminal Justice Honor Society
- Major: Criminology
- How Policyholders Can Prepare For 2018's Hurricane Season, Law360, April 3, 2018
- Best Practices in Managing Litigation Cases, Houston Metropolitan Paralegal Association CLE, August 2020
- Expert Examination at Deposition, 100th Houston Presentation, Forensic Expert Witness Association CLE, February 2019
- Texas Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2020 to 2021
- Top 40 under 40 Civil Plaintiff Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers, 2020
- Houston Bar Association, CLE Continuing Legal Education Committee, 2019 to 2020
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2018 to Present
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2018 to Present
- South Texas College of Law Houston’s Young Alumni Counsel, Student Engagement Committee, 2017 to Present
- Houston Bar Association, Member, 2016 to Present
- Houston Association of Women Attorneys, Member, 2014 to Present
- Houston Young Lawyers Association, Member, 2013 to Present
- Merlin Law Group, P.A., Associate, 2017 to 2018
- Sprott Newsom Quattlebaum & Messenger, P.C., Associate, 2016 to 2017
- Harris County District Attorney’s Office, ADA Intern, 2015 to 2016
- Chief Bankruptcy Judge Jeff Bohm, U.S. Southern District of Texas, Judicial Intern, Summer 2014
- The Honorable Judge Debra Ibarra Mayfield, Harris County Civil Court 1, Judicial Intern, Summer 2014
Learn more about the Annual Text Free Texas Scholarship Contest
VIRTUAL OFFICE TOUR
Take a virtual tour of our office online!
Get Your Free Case Review