Historic Houston Location, Distinguished Texas Litigators
Three young attorneys, Frank Abraham, John Hill and W. James Kronzer Jr., founded the firm in 1951 as Hill, Kronzer & Abraham. Later, the firm became Hill, Brown, Kronzer & Abraham with the addition of J. Curtiss Brown who later became chief justice of the Fourteenth Court of Appeals. In the early days of the firm, the lawyers practiced out of Frank Abraham's small West Alabama Street apartment.
Much has changed since then. Throughout the following decades, the firm grew and prospered, gaining nationwide recognition for successful resolutions of personal injury lawsuits.
In 1970, the law firm partners purchased the historic Hogan-Allnoch Dry Goods Building and had it renovated for office space. Close to the downtown courthouses, it was a part of the successful revitalization effort in Houston.
The firm has a reputation for exceptional legal talent, starting with our founders:
- Frank Abraham had a long and distinguished legal career. He served as president of the Texas Trial Lawyers Association and was a director of the State Bar of Texas. As president of the Student Aid Foundation, he established student exchange programs at UT School of Law, Rice University and Cambridge University in England. He was regarded as a mentor to countless lawyers.
- Will Watkins was a member and President of the Inner Circle of Advocates, an invitation-only organization composed of 100 of the top plaintiff trial attorneys in the nation.
- John Hill later became a Texas Supreme Court justice.
- W. James Kronzer Jr. was honored as the "Lawyer of the Century" by the Texas Trial Lawyers Association. He was also considered to be the top appellate lawyer in the United States.
Our founding attorneys created an environment of giving back to the community in service and leadership — an environment that our attorneys continue to foster today.