Imrana L. Manzanares
Imrana Manzanares has been with Abraham Watkins since December 2009 and serves as the firm's Nurse Attorney. As both a nurse and a lawyer, Mrs. Manzanares not only litigates personal injury claims, but also reviews all of the firm's potential medical malpractice cases. To that end, she has reviewed in excess of 1,500 cases.
As the firm's Nurse Attorney, Mrs. Manzanares is well-versed in the elements that make a medical malpractice allegation viable in light of tort reform instituted in 2003. Once a case is accepted, Mrs. Manzanares is involved in both the pre-litigation and litigation process, seeing a case all the way through trial or settlement.
Mrs. Manzanares earned her Bachelors of Nursing from the University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB) in 2002. Passionate about caring for those most ill, she worked in the Texas Medical Center's Intensive Care Units. In 2004, Mrs. Manzanares began attending law school at the Thurgood Marshall School of Law. She found she could combine her nursing training with her legal training to assist patients and those most injured as a result of the negligence of another.
Married in 2004, Mrs. Manzanares spends her free time enjoying her two children, ages seven and five.
Year Joined Firm
Areas of Practice
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Texas, 2007
- Texas Southern University Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, Texas
- J.D. - 2006
- University of Texas Medical Branch, Houston, Texas
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 2002
- Major: Nursing
- University of Houston, Houston, Texas
- B.S., Bachelor of Science - 2003
- Major: Psychology
- "Practicing Medical Malpractice in Texas", October CLE Lunch Series, Houston Young Lawyers Association, October 11, 2016
- "Medical Malpractice and the Importance of Documentation", University of Houston School of Nursing, July 21, 2016
- "Practicing Medical Malpractice in Texas", Mexican American Bar Association of Houston CLE, May 9, 2016
- "A Comparison between Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice", 4th Annual Advanced Diagnostics Hospitals & Clinics Personal Injury CLE Seminar, March 31, 2016
- Commencement Speaker, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, December 11, 2015
- "Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice", 13th Annual Texas Minority Attorney Program CLE , May 29, 2015
Honors and Awards
- Houston's Top Lawyers, Medical Malpractice, H Texas Magazine, 2016
- Selected as one of the "10 Best Female Attorneys" for Texas, American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2016
- Nominated as one of the "10 Best" Attorneys for Texas, American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys, 2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association, 2012 - Present
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association, 2012 - Present