The Texas A&M University racing sailboat, Cynthia Woods, fatally capsized and sank on June 6, 2008. Safety officer Roger Stone died saving the lives of two crew mates. Five men - four students and another safety officer - spent 26 hours in the water before they were rescued by the U.S. Coast Guard early June 8. The group was competing in a sailing race from Galveston to Veracruz, Mexico, representing the A&M Galveston Offshore Sailing Team.
- Hero sailor's wife to sue over probe, Galveston Daily News, July 11, 2008
- Aggie sailor's widow sues, KHOU.com, Houston, July 10, 2008
- Widow's suit questions husband's death in Galveston regatta, The Southeast Texas Record, July 16, 2008
- No answers in boat capsizing, The Eagle.com, Bryan-College Station, June 18, 2008
- Help Find the Missing, Help Find the Missing, July 10, 2008
- Cynthia Woods Fatal Capsize - the Suing Starts Sail World, July 10, 2008